Nikon SLR Cameras

Photography help. Canon Rebel T3?

Stacey
Stacey

I have a Canon Rebel T3 1100D. Is it possible to have the camera connected to a laptop/pc (with windows) through the USB cord that came with the camera and view the photos as I shoot them?

I was able to do this with a Nikon, but when I try with my Rebel, the camera flashes "busy" in teh viewfinder when i go to focus my subject and it won't even allow me to focus the lens. It allows me to take a photo while the USB is connected but I have the SD card removed. And this does me no good, because the photo isn't actually saved and it doesn't show up on my laptop.

I can however, unplug one end of the USB cord, take the photo, plug the USB back in, and the photo then shows up. And then, I still have to manually double click the file folder to open just to see what i've shot. C'mon. There has to be an easier way, but I'm at a loss.

Andrew
Andrew

It's called, 'Tethering,' it's unlikely your camera can do it, but if it can, it'll be in the manual.

If it isn't mentioned in the manual, you won't be able to do it - only a very few cameras can.

Jim A
Jim A

My t1i will tether. Have you installed your Canon software? If you have or need to refer to the help section. Tethering should be covered there. If it works like mine you'll be able to view the shot right after it's processed and recorded to the memory card.